Saturday, August 11, 2012

FINE ART AT HALE - good times.



Alas! (with a wink) of my porcelain laser decal'd nests .... I am out of stock.  They are currently all out in galleries, new homes or sold - and the last six are on sale at the Hale Art Show this weekend.  A  potter pal observed to me lately that the 'nest' body of work is showing how my skills have advanced.  It was a lovely unexpected attaboy from someone I rate.

But Wait!  There's More! Oooh News Update, I went to the Fine Art at Hale Cocktail Preview last night and had a great time with husband Henry.  We spotted that four out of six of my pieces had already sold.  I fell in love with two paintings - one by Lauren Wilhelm and a memorable one by Norm Wilson in acrylic but I cannot seem to find a website or images of his work.  What a show, it truly was a superb gathering of work by WA contemporary artists, mostly paintings, some sculptures, some glass and photography and a reasonable amount of ceramic work most by artists I know - but of course, we'd like to see more next time.  There were plenty of red dots in the memorial hall and it was obvious that people were there to buy and not just for the conviviality.  PS The food and drink were plentiful and top notch!!  I am already looking forward to next years event.
(photo Bill Shaylor, borrowed from Amanda's website)
At the Fine Art at Hale preview I finally bought myself an Amanda Shelsher bust very similar to the one pictured above. Air punch!  It is probably about 50 or 60 cm high and destined for my hall table or somewhere central in our home like the coffee table where we can have her live with us and invent a personality and history around her.   I have been wanting one of these for years, possibly a decade!  I have a feeling it will be the first of many, as I am a big fan of Amanda's work.  I try to buy myself a really good artwork every year and only buy things that lift my heart or move my soul.  

I hope you get some nice attaboys about your work soon too.  See you over at Mud Colony where many other potters are sharing their news and views.

2 comments:

  1. Love this bust - I would have bought one too!! And isn't it fantastic when you get a "stroke" from someone who's judgement you value. A very dear friend who is a discerning art critic just bought TWO of my new exhibition sculptures - I'm stoked. Good luck with the nest sales, they are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norm Wilson Art -norm Wilson has an art page on Facebook

    ReplyDelete