Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Trying stuff out - and multitasking, kinda.

Carving up rubber blocks and trying out some Mishima are among the things I've been doing this week. I admit to loving watching Downton Abbey on my huuuge iMac while carving SpeedyCut rubber blocks with which to print on clay later on. My failing eyes were the excuse for buying the biggest computer screen in the shop. I forgot my iPod in the studio but was serenaded by Johnny Cash on CD while I inlaid underglaze on some simple platters. Is there anybody as cool as JC? Why do I fall back on flower, leaf, bird motifs so often? Because I enjoy them I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elaine, This is the only way I could find to contact you. I checked out your blog when you joined mine and I'm so excited to have found you! We have a lot in common and I look forward to reading more about your process and artwork. These carved stamps are really exciting! And your blog is beautiful! I hope you have a wonderful day, Allison

    ReplyDelete