Tuesday, April 3, 2012

In print

The current edition of The Journal of Australian Ceramics is fat and heavy in the way an expensive copy of Vogue would be, but far more use to the likes of us!  It is full of articles on potters and pottery and as upbeat as could possibly be.  Someone in twenty years time will flick through it and think what a great bunch of artists were in the field in Australia in 2012.  It is funny, I wasn't so upbeat about my own birthday of same age a few months ago - but then, I didn't know that I would be featured in the JAC 50th anniversary issue on pages 68-72 -(breaks into HUUUUGE grin ;>D).  The photo of myself I provided is 'the pits' - I should have planned that better but it was a scorcher and nobody felt good that day.  It was fun to see my lovely son's name credited on the photo all the same.  It would not be appropriate or legal, I think, to scan and post the article here.  I hope you can go out and buy this beautiful and bounteous issue of what is an excellent publication.  The educational bodies here may refuse to acknowledge the demand for continuing to teach the craft - they just need to see this issue of The Journal of Australian Ceramics to see how wrong this view is.  We will thrive and share the enthusiasm and knowledge - no matter how many colleges close down their ceramics departments.

Gone now to go Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  

No comments:

Post a Comment