Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Such excitement!

Oh I have something really, really cool to get excited about, and not a G and T with lots of ice, though that may be on this evening's menu.  I heard of a Reduction Print Lino Workshop in Perth this weekend with Printmaker Helen Clarke.   I purchased a beautiful reduction print by Helen last year called A Flurry of Fledglings.  I love most bird and nest type imagery and this work reminded me of our own three boys, always calling out to me, being demanding and generally bringing lots of joy to my life.  I just couldn't go past it.  For more information on the process read Helen's website http://www.woodypear.com/.  I may not have studied Printmaking in detail but I do a lot of it all the same on clay, so I am bound to find something useful in this process.  There may still be places on the course, send me a comment if you want to know more.


No comments:

Post a Comment