Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Accepting graciously

My mother often pointed out to me that I was very bad at accepting compliments, and I could not argue with her.  It is delightful when someone says something nice but, like many, I  immediately focus on my shortcomings and point them out instead of thanking the giver, from the heart.  What happened to the wisdom of 'Accentuate the positive, Eliminate the negative?'.  Today, before 10.30 am I had been given immensely nice feedback from two different sources, and yes, I was a little embarrassed, and happy (I think you are amazing, I love what you make, I read your blog and love it).  I'd be an idiot to not take these smiles and attaboys into my heart and let them buoy me up when I have a slump in confidence.  Thank you very, very much to the people who are so kind to me.  It makes a difference to me, so please don't stop.  

No comments:

Post a Comment