Sunday, July 12, 2009

Perfect pecs er, I mean pics



This is my style, sitting with my laptop and one of my boys, on the couch, watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, while I blog. I know as soon as the childcatcher appears in the movie, Gaelan will disappear and I can switch to VideoHits. My man is sleeping off his flight home from Singapore and the other children are either snoozing or playstationing.

I'm kiln sitting a kilnload of work destined for the Clay Feet exhibition at the Inner City Clayworkers Gallery in Glebe, Sydney next week

I have some of my slab built hanging boxes toasting in there, multifired with various print transfer images and, hopefully the decals I applied in the last few days will be fusing perfectly onto the glaze surface. Most of the decals are those I made last week, screenprinting line drawings with china paint onto decal paper. It is glorious owning a Riso Thermal Printer to make my own Riso screens - no more fretting over the cost of Gocco bulbs. It is great to be able to custom make my own decals but this was a lesson in materials for me. The laquer I used as covercoat on the decals went on perfectly but took so long to dry, I had to take the hairdryer to them, and even then, I felt they could have done with couple of days to cure into a firmer more stable plastic state. I am including a snap of what I think will be the most successful of the lot just before I fired them for the last time.

Quite a few West Australians are heading over to the Sydney Ceramics Trienniale and I am sharing an apartment there with a group of them. Apart from having work in two shows there, I should have time to do some serious catching up and networking and the conference sounds like it will be amazing. I will keep you posted.

And now .... back to the laundry ....

3 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 20, 2009

    Hi Elaine, David and I made it up to Sydney to take in the exhibitions, and visited Clay Feet and Gallery Adagio yesterday. - Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did it go? This was facinating to read.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The conference and the shows in Sydney were brilliant. I must get a post here very soon to say how much I enjoyed Sydney. Thanks for the reminder Fiona.

    ReplyDelete