I knew it, I just knew it ... I knew from the combination of ingredients I used in my recent quadraxial tests that I would find among the middle tiles a 'WINNER'. Some of the corners of the group of tests were odd ingredients in odd proportions - no I am not telling and NO there is no chrome in here. I felt that by being extreme and not playing it safe I would score a good one. Here it is ... I was looking for high colour and crusty texture and I found it. Now to use this one as a starting point for more tests, line blends here I come. There were a few other gems in there among the 25 tiles in this kiln load. These are for more sculptural works, NOT functional work. The favourite looks a bit flakey and was only fired to 1000 C, but is in fact well bonded to the surface. I am very, very pleased. More in the kiln already to try out a few more temperature ranges. Woo Hoo! Oh boy all that study of glaze tech at ANU has really empowered me. Thank you Gail Nicholl, Janet DeBoos and Greg Daly - MWAH!! Now I hope you are about to pop over to Mud Colony blog to catch up with my potter pals who blog for your information and entertainment.