Monday, March 5, 2012

VICKI PASSLOW - Back to BAC

Sigh, if only I could apparate like Harry Potter did - I'd be hopping off to Canberra to see this exhibition, then onto Henrietta Norris's, Between the Tidelines, in Salamanca Arts Centre, Tasmania which I mentioned in a post last week.






My friend Vicki Passlow is a research scientist in Marine geology who also happens to be a very creative potter.  I have some exquisite pieces from the ANU graduate show of 2009, which echoed the light, colours and waving of seagrass at the bottom of the ocean.  Our time at ANU overlapped often.  More recently Vicki has been working on some of the body of work on show at the Back to BAC exhibition at Strathnairn Arts Association.  Back to BAC opens this Friday night in Belconnen and Vicki plans to be presenting at the artist session on 18th March.


Have a look too at Erin Collett's gorgeous promotional posters of Vicki's work from 2009.  You know to click on the highlighted text to find the link right??  You must admit, I have some pretty capable friends eh?  Why not subscribe to my blog to hear more.  Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment