Saturday, December 31, 2011

This is the last day of 2011 and I will be happy to wake tomorrow with a sense of new beginnings.  I will not wake with a sore head, as people often like to, fair go to them, no, I want to face 2012 with a clear head and some good energy and start as I mean to go on.  I won't even bleat about my failure to blog as often as I'd wished.  Life has been busy and fulfilling, people are what matter, enough said, right??
I may get some posting done today though, given the leisurely pace of this hot and sunny day, lying about with the iPad and a cold lunch seems a good option, before I sweep and hose down my studio in readiness for the new, bigger and better kiln. I am about to pop out to buy myself a couple of Adirondack style deck chairs to sit outside the studio, soak up the evening warmth, with a G and T in hand, smell the roses (and so what if they need a good prune) and be happy with my lot in life.
I have a STACK of work planned for next year, lots of artist in residencies and teaching opportunities, lots of firm work planned. Lucky me.  One such plan which is underway is to make a large body of work of forms from the same mould - a big hemisphere 45 cm wide - how many variables can I design in the next year?  Very many is what I anticipate.  Crikey I might even get round to blogging about them!  

No comments:

Post a Comment